What is the process?
1. Work with an STG Steel Buildings representative to design a building to suit your needs, whether you want to
2. Start investigating the requirements in your area as soon as you have decided to add a building to your property.
3. The design is sent to engineering for approval. Plans return from engineering with stamp,
4. Apply for a permit to build your building
5. Your representative orders your building.
6. Make arrangements to have the building erected.
7. Building is delivered to your site.
How long does the process take?
1. Engineering Package—7 to 10 working days.
2. Permit approval— 2 to 3 weeks.
Check with your local building department for lead times in your area to get permit approval.
3. Building Delivery–2 to 3 weeks.
4. 5-6 Weeks Total from ordering Engineering
Are there other things I need to think about?
1. Snow loading, wind speed, exposure, soil density variances, etc.
2. Set backs from property lines.
3. Aesthetics, Windows, Trim, Siding Choices
What Colors do you have available?
We have many colors available for roof, walls and trim. Check out the available colors.
What clearances are needed for the door selected?
1. For overhead doors you need 18-24" additional height for door track and 4" on each side for the side door track.
What are you putting in the building? If your boat and trailer have a combined height of 10 feet, you need to plan on a building with 12 foot doors
2. Consider a canister door to save space.
How can the Multibuild™ program help me?
1. Multibuild™ allows your representative to accurately design a building to your specifications.
2. The program instantly calculates the price of the finished product (no more waiting days or weeks for a bid).
With Multibuild™ we can design the building which fits your needs and your budget too!
If your question was not answered please submit it here.